HAPPY NEW YEAR (about 19 days late). If you don’t know, January is one of my busiest months at my day job. (boooo) This makes me more likely to ignore my other to-dos when it comes to the job I want to have. (Creating). Well, I finally have caught up and wanted to start January off right with a quick post to update the blog on my ideas and goals for this year. (Always good to put it out there in the universe so you have some accountability.
GOALS OF THE heART
What does 2023 hold for this artist? Well, many personal goals including being a better friend and more involved with people in my life and not hiding comfortably in my happy place (my room of art supplies). BUT I want to share three things I have decided to try my best to accomplish this year.
- I want to make 10 Christmas cards every month resulting in 120 at the end of the year. Whoo Hoo! I am off to a great start! I have 17 cards made as of today (I will post them every month) This being said, I am not going to be all super good at staging the cards. I mean I love how they look, but let’s face it there are only so many hours in a day so I will do my very best but I won’t promise.
- I will take one art-related class a month to build my skills. I have signed up for a few for the new year, but I also have several I have signed up for and not taken. (Darn sales get me every time)
- I plan to send out more cards! I know I make a lot but I just stink at sending them out. My goal is to get out my birthday, anniversary cards in time as well as sending 1-5 cards to people– well just because.
- Yes, I am going to do my very best to actually stop fighting myself and just film my video ideas. I think this fear of failing at this has literally made me frozen in fear. I want anything I put out there to be the very best, but the truth is unless I do it, it will not be any good at all. So if you need someone to encourage or pray for, this is the one for me. I have all the tools now and need to conquer this fear.
- I want to actually focus on my art more. I have an awesome BFF that gave me a wonderful book to practice watercolor every week for a year. The assignments are fun and I have started and am in good standing so here is to me finishing strong with more watercolor knowledge than I had 19 days ago.
How about you? Do you have any heART goals to share. Can I encourage you somehow?
I hope your 2023 is filled with greatness!